Are We to be a Nation?
Questions to guide your note-taking:
- Why did Washington surrender his command? Why was it so surprising that
he didn't? What new definition of power did he inspire?
- What is inevitable about the new nation? Why is this so?
- Thirteen nations vs. one: why is this the greatest battle of the
Revolution? of the 18th Century?
- Why so much secrecy? Ultimately, was this wise?
- Which do you believe: democracy only be successful on a small scale? the
larger the republic with many factions, the more likely that a majority
won't be tyrannical?
- Why would someone be suspicious of the new Constitution? What was to be
- Who favored the new Constitution? What was to be gained?
- What kind of system could best protect the values fought for in the